March 17, 2018
Spring Camping Recipes
We are just a few days from spring and we could not be more excited. Our favorite season is packed full of beautiful weather, colorful flowers, and CAMPING, LOTS OF CAMPING! We’ve been waiting all winter for this time of year and we just can’t wait for spring to finally...spring.
So, since we’ll be seeing a lot of you soon, we’re here with some camping cooking tips & recipes to get you prepared for some spring camping food fun!
Here are some spring camping cooking tips:
- Use seasonal fruits and vegetables. You know the term, “When in Rome…” Well, we’re here to tell you, “When it’s spring…” Seasonal fruits and vegetables are fresh and easy to find - because they’re in season, of course!
- Use seasonings liberally. Seasonings are a great way to add TONS of flavor without adding fat and calories. Don’t underestimate the power of great seasonings! They can jazz up any meat, vegetable dish, or even a boring side of potatoes.
- Use ‘one pot’ meals. It’s like the theory behind a crockpot...throw everything in one dish and let it cook. Less prep, less mess, and less to clean up!
Here are some delicious spring camping recipes:
- These PopSugar camping recipes can take you from breakfast to dinner and everything in between. Check out their 17 meal ideas here!
- These recipes are easy and diverse; you can find whatever you’re in the mood for!
- When in doubt, you can always go with a salad! It can be filled with tons of colors and flavors. These irresistible spring salad recipes go way beyond lettuce.
Now we’re even more excited for spring and camping season...and ready for lunch! We hope to see you, your family, and your friends (and your spring camping meals) in a few short weeks around our resort! Call us today to book your next camping adventure with us. Happy Camping to everyone!
March 12, 2018
National Peanut Month
This month, we’re celebrating one of America’s favorite snacks...and biggest allergens...PEANUTS! March is National Peanut Month and we couldn’t be more excited.
We think peanuts and peanut butter should be one of your camping staples. As long as you are not allergic to these little nuts, there are so many ways and reasons to enjoy them. We’re listing just a few of them in this blog post. Check it out:
- They’re easy to store. They do not need to be refrigerated. Peanuts and peanut butter can last for MONTHS in the pantry!
- Everyone loves a PB&J sandwich. We all grew up on them, right? They’re so easy to throw together and taste great. The perfect lunch or snack for all ages!
- They’re a healthy snack. Yes they are! Peanuts taste great and are good for you; they’re the perfect package. Peanuts are a great source of protein, are high in healthy fats, and are a great source of many vitamins and nutrients.
- Even if you’re allergic, there are other options. There are a variety of other nut butters, such as cashew and almond. If you’re allergic to those nuts, too, there are mock-butters available - like sunflower and soy butter - that taste (almost) as good as the real thing!
- Powdered peanut butter is great in recipes. Powdered peanut butter is made of peanuts that have been pressed to remove the fats and oils. Therefore, it has less calories, less fat, and is much easier to use in certain recipes. You can add a little water and eat it like ‘the real thing’, as well.
- You can jazz up your s’mores. You can spread a little (or a lot!) of peanut butter on your favorite campfire snack to instantly jazz up a boring, traditional s’more!
So, tell us your favorite way to enjoy this delicious, nutritious nut!
March 1, 2018
R U Ready to RV Camp?
There’s a very good chance that, if you’re at our resort, you’re staying in an RV. Lucky you! Camping in an RV gives you just the right amount of comfort during your vacation with us. Everyone that camps in an RV already loves it, but what about the folks that have NEVER camped in an RV? (We know...can you imagine?) We’re stepping in to show you why you ARE ready to RV camp with us!
1. Less space is a good thing! Everything’s within arm’s reach and, after a few trips, you become pretty good at bringing only what you know you really need/use because your space is limited!
2. It has (almost) all of the comforts of home, so it feels like home! No luggage, no need to pack and unpack; everything has its own special place in your RV because it’s just like home. Well, your home away from home - on wheels.
3. Close quarters yield major bonding time. Great family time is spent hanging out in and around your RV.
4. Your pet may be happier! We can almost guarantee that Fido will enjoy any and all of our accommodations, but he or she may be most comfortable in your RV with you and your family all in one space.
5. You can cook in you RV! Research simple camping meals; then, you can bring the ingredients, cook them, store them, and reheat them right in your RV’s mini kitchen!
There are so many reasons why you are ready to RV camp with us! It adds a whole new element to your camping adventure.
Camping season is right around the corner; literally, we can see it! Don’t wait another minute to reserve your spot at our resort for a magical, delightful, fun-filled, family-friendly, jam-packed camping experience. We’re waiting to hear from you, answer all of your questions, and book your reservations now!
February 26, 2018
Preparing for Camping Season
The countdown is on! We’re just weeks away from camping season and we know that our wonderful camping family is READY to finally get back to our resort and get back to camp life. We decided to put together this blog post to help you and your family properly prepare for, what we consider, the most wonderful time of the year - CAMPING SEASON! So, without further ado, here are our 5 ways to prepare for the upcoming camping season:
1. Make a countdown. And keep it front and center. Download an app on your phone, print something from the computer, or you can even simply handwrite it; every morning you’ll get a pleasant surprise because you’ll be that much closer to Opening Day!
2. Get an RV tune-up. If you bring your own RV to camp with us, consider getting a “maintenance check-up” to ensure that everything is running as expected. You don’t want to have any surprises when you head out on your first trip back to our resort!
3. Reach out to your camping friends. We hope you keep in touch even when you aren’t at our resort, but if you haven’t spoken to your camping neighbors lately, consider reaching out, catching up, and bonding over your love and excitement for camping season!
4. Stock up on supplies. Make a list of your camping go-to items and head out to pick them up. Be prepared with everything you need to have an amazing opening weekend with us!
5. Call us. Call us to make/confirm your reservation. Call us to find out what’s new. Call us to see our Opening Weekend schedule. Call us to just say hi!
We hope this helps you prepare for camping season. We can’t wait to have our joyful, playful, energetic camping families around our resort soon! Call us today if you haven’t already booked your next camping adventure...we’re ready for the best season yet!
February 15, 2018
American Heart Month
Did you know that February is American Heart Month? This is a great time to learn about heart disease, the leading cause of death for both men and women in our country. In fact, in the United States, someone has a heart attack every 40 seconds! Each minute, more than one person in the United States dies from a heart disease-related event. The statistics are scary, but they are real. That’s why it’s so important to learn as much as you can so you can protect yourself and your loved ones, and become aware of what to do if you or someone you love experiences any heart-related issues. Here are some important topics and guidelines you can follow (in no specific order!):
- Promote Heart Health - Bringing attention to this cause is a great way to spread awareness. Wear red, share statistics with family and friends, visit your doctor regularly, and stay social (You can follow the American Heart Association and the CDC on Facebook for up-to-date information!).
- Know Your Risks - Obesity, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, smoking, excessive alcohol use, and family history are all key risk factors for heart disease. Know your risks and lower the ones that you have control of!
- Stay Active - This is a wonderful way to lower your blood pressure, reduce stress, and to exercise a very, very important muscle in the body - your heart!
- Eat Right - Nutrient-rich, clean, healthy foods can also lower blood pressure and cholesterol. Too much excess fat in your diet (and on your body) puts extra pressure on your heart, which means your heart must work harder, which can lead to heart disease.
- Enjoy Life! Less stress is less strain...on your heart. Lucky for you (and us!), camping season is right around the corner!
When you feel your best, you can be your best. We wish you a healthy, happy heart month and we can’t wait to see you for Opening Day; this is going to be a great camping season! Sources: www.cdc.gov www.heart.org
February 10, 2018
Love Is In the Air
February is here and Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. Some of us already have big plans, gifts purchased, and love notes written. Others (we’re not pointing fingers) are a little less prepared and are scrambling to find the perfect gift for their special someone. Love is in the air - and camping season is right around the corner! So, we’re here to help with potential gift ideas and Valentine’s Day inspiration. Think of this blog post as cupid’s arrow leading you in the right direction to make the day perfect for your camping loving Valentine!
- These gift ideas are heavy (not literally, that’s the name of the website!) and perfect for your outdoorsman Valentine! Useful, high-tech, fun gifts like tents, knives, and hammocks (really cool ones!), just to name a few. Check ‘em out!
- Make your Valentine a happy camper with these with ideas from this camping gift guide!
- This British website may not get you your order in time for the big day, but there are tons of camping-related items that you can use as inspiration for purchasing your Valentine’s gifts. Their products are simple yet exciting; check it out.
- Here are some great gift ideas for your camping Valentine, courtesy of PopSugar! We know that she will love any one of these outdoorsy gifts.
- Enter Gear Guy on Outside Online with answers to one very important question...What are the best Valentine’s Day gifts? We think you’ll like what he has to say!
Whatever you decide to do for your Valentine, we know they’ll appreciate it! After all, Valentine’s Day isn’t about what you buy or get as a gift; it’s about spending time with your loved one(s) and celebrating LOVE….and the fact that camping season is a stone’s throw away! We are counting down the days (and we know you are, too). Can’t wait to see you in the spring, friends! And Happy Valentine’s Day!
January 25, 2018
RV There Yet?
RV there yet?? RV camping is a big part of who we are as a resort (obviously!). Our camping families spend many days and nights in their RVs, so we decided to take this opportunity to talk all things RV - and share some great tips! We found some Pin-worthy RV tips that we think you’ll all enjoy - and we linked to each tip so you can Pin them, too. It’s time to get your camper ready for the upcoming spring camping season! Woo hoo!
- These Tips for Organizing Your RV are genius! An organized area makes for a happier camper (or so we’re told!) so get your storage bins and label maker ready. These tips will also give you more space in your camper!
- We’d scream it from the rooftops if we could, “We’re Pet Friendly,” because it means so much to us and our camping families. After all, many of your four-legged family members are just as important as your two-legged ones! That’s why we love these Tips for Dog Owners.
- Since you do live in your RV when you’re camping with us, here are some great RV Living Tips that you can bring with you this camping season. There are some good ideas and helpful inspiration to help you make the most of your living space.
- An RV is a BIG investment! Here are some RV Maintenance Products that you can use to keep your home/vehicle/investment in tip-top shape.
- With OVER 60 RV living hacks, makeover tips, and renovation ideas, we think that you will definitely find this Pin helpful and exciting!
Pin away camping friends; we think these tips will keep you very busy!! It’s time to get your RVs ready for those long camping days and nights. We can’t wait to see you and your family around our resort! Contact our resort if you, your family, and your RV are ready to plan your next camping adventure!
January 18, 2018
The Winter Blues
We’re here (with our winter coat, hat, and gloves on!) for our final installment of our Ways to Beat the Winter Blues blog series. We hope you enjoyed Parts 1 and 2 and they’re keeping you just a little bit warmer, inside and out!
There is still plenty of cold weather left this season so we’re here with our final tips to keep your mind, body, and soul warm as can be for the rest of the winter!
- EMBRACE THE SEASON! They say if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em - and we agree...we’re throwing in the towel! Go skiing, take the kids sledding, build a snowman, “enjoy” your time in the crisp cool air. The kids will love it, memories will be made, and you may just forget how much the snow days and blizzards cramp your style.
- JOURNAL! Sometimes it’s easier to write down your feelings rather than saying them out loud. It’s therapeutic to sit for a few moments to jot down what you’re thinking, what you’re feeling. We’re always so busy, going 100 mph, it’s nice to sit and connect with yourself. You may actually learn something or, at the very least, find yourself in a better mood!
- PLAN FOR SPRING! Warm weather, flowers in bloom, a cheerfulness in the air. We have two words...CAMPING SEASON! Don’t wait; plan that camping vacation now. You and your family deserve it - especially after the winter we’ve had! Campers wait all winter long for opening day. We have a great idea….celebrate the spring with us at our resort!
We hope you find it easier to beat the winter blues with our 3-part blog series! We’re really looking forward to camping season and we are so excited to see our resort full of happy, joyful families and friends - memories await you!
January 12, 2018
How To Beat The Winter Blues
We hope you enjoyed Part 1 of our Ways to Beat the Winter Blues blog series. At this point in the season, we’re still willing to try just about anything to stay warm, cozy, and sane! We’re trying to appreciate this chilly season while dreaming of the colorful, warmer days of spring.
Since it’s still so cold outside, we want to share more tips and tricks to help you keep your ‘cool’ during winter. We’re here with Ways to Beat the Winter Blues: Part 2.
- STAY ACTIVE! Movement creates warmth in the body; it’s true! When you’re cooped up inside, it’s easy to feel unmotivated. You will feel better physically and mentally when you stay active. If you can’t get outside or to the gym, get in a workout indoors! Walk the mall or follow a free YouTube workout video. Put on some music and dance with the kids (like nobody's watching)!
- LOOK AT OLD PICTURES & VIDEOS! Nostalgia warms the heart. Sitting around the kitchen table with family and friends reminiscing about the past feeds your soul. Try it!
- EAT RIGHT! It’s easy to get into a slump. Comfort foods taste pretty darn good - hence the term ‘comfort’ foods. And, like we always say, once in a while, it’s OK. Moderation is definitely key. Make a grocery list with lots of fruits, veggies, healthy fats, and protein and only shop off of your list! Also, don’t go shopping hungry. When you make a meal, prepare enough to last a few days so you have leftovers easily accessible. You feel better from top to bottom when you’re eating good-for-you foods!
- ENJOY HOT FOODS & DRINKS! A great way to warm the body? From the inside out! Hot cocoa, tea, crockpot meals...they’re all delicious ways to warm up. Stick with clean, healthy options that will keep you feeling light and fresh!
We hope you enjoyed Parts 1 & 2 of our Ways to Beat the Winter Blues blog series. Stay tuned; we’ll see you next time with our third and final installment!
January 4, 2018
Cold Winter Weather Blues
Let us start off by saying: Happy New Year to all of our awesome camping families! We are very excited for 2018 and we hope you are too!
We’re getting really sick (no pun intended!) of this cold winter weather, but spring is still over two months away! That means a lot more snow, ice, and frigid temps. Winter can be, well, sad and dampen the mood. The gloomy, cold weather can affect your mind, your body, and your spirit! So, we’re going to try to help you fight the funk!
We’re here with Part 1 of our new blog series, Ways to Beat the Winter Blues.
- MEDITATE! Even if only for a few minutes when you first wake up in the morning, you will benefit from a moment of silence and reminder to be more mindful, grateful, and present. There are apps that you can download or books you can purchase if you need some guidance in this department. Even if you just sit with your legs crossed, your eyes closed, and try to clear your mind, you’re meditating!
- STAY CONNECTED! Text, call, or use social media to stay in touch with family and friends around the country. It’s easy to want to pull away (especially from those living in warmer climates!), but it will definitely brighten your mood to catch up with people, near and far.
- PLAN INDOOR ACTIVITIES! Cards, board games, tackling a DIY home project that you’ve been avoiding, starting a new book….these are all great ways to plan your time indoors!
- STICK WITH A ROUTINE! It’s easy to be lazy and want to stay in your pajamas all day. And, once in a while, that’s totally OK! But you’re more likely to feel better when you keep with your normal routine. Give yourself a purpose to get up, get dressed, and leave the house. You’ll be happy you did!
We hope you enjoyed Part 1 of our Ways to Beat the Winter Blues blog series. Stay tuned; we’ll see you next time with Part 2!
December 27, 2017
The holiday season ends with a giant leap into the new year! While we can’t believe 2017 is already over, we’re excited for the new adventures that 2018 will bring. It may sound cliche, but January 1st is the perfect time to make and implement new resolutions to feel, act, and be a better version of you!
- Put Down Your Electronics!
Social media, emails, texts….they’re important, we understand that. But just as you do for your kids, you should limit your own screen time. We’ve become accustomed to having our smartphones available 24/7 but when you’re at the dinner table, family game night, or in the car, you DON’T need your phone out. Otherwise, you’ll miss a lot of important moments in 2018!
- Make Better Choices!
Water instead of sugary sodas, grilled, lean meats instead of fried foods, we know which are the better choices; it’s following that is the true challenge! Recruit family members and friends for accountability so you can help each other in the process.
- Move More!
A healthy body, a healthy heart, a healthy mind! There really are only positive benefits that come from starting an exercise program. Start small, like walking around the block, and build up to more substantial workouts; maybe set a goal to run a 5K by the time fall hits!
- Learn To Say No!
When we overextend or overwork ourselves, we get overwhelmed. That causes stress, stress, stress! We’re here to tell you that you don’t have to say yes to everyone about everything. Set the tone for a less stressful year and learn to say no when it’s appropriate!
- Camp More!
We think this one’s pretty obvious! Make more memories, have more family time, laugh more, bond more, relax more...CAMP MORE! We want to say THANK YOU to our entire camping family for a fun, adventurous, memorable 2017. We look forward to another great year at our resort - we hope to see you there!
December 22, 2017
Party Time For The Holidays
2017 is almost coming to a close and the next few weeks are busy with Christmas and New Year’s Eve. That means a lot of fun, a lot of celebrating, and a LOT of food and drinks! It’s party time! Whether you’re planning to be the hostess with the mostess or you’re in charge of bringing something to a soiree, you need to find dishes that are festive, delicious, and easy-to-make - we are running seriously low on time these days! We’re here to share HUNDREDS of recipes that will be sure to leave a smile on every face in the room! Apps:
- Taste of Home has some seriously festive recipes with bacon and cheese and salmon and more! There are 40 awesome options to choose from - you’ll find something for everyone on this list.
- Even if you wait until the last minute, any one of these 60 recipes will do! Little on prep, big on flavor, and very sophisticated! Perfect for your NYE party!
- Spice up your options with these 50 New Year’s Eve party-approved appetizers. These may just be the highlight of the bash.
- With about 90 festive recipes, you’re sure to find a few entrees that will be perfect for your Christmas dinner! Don’t feel obligated to do a big main course, though. These holiday parties are usually all about the apps and drinks!
- Appropriate for the kids but delicious for all ages. These simple recipes will please everyone around!
- Deliver festive cheer in the form of delicious drinks! Try these specialty holiday cocktails this season.
- These drinks may put you on the naughty list; you’ll just love ‘em! Or, if you’d like, you can make them without alcohol. Either way, they’ll taste great!
No matter what you decide to put on your holiday menu, togetherness is the most important part of your party! Everyone will enjoy WHATEVER you put out. We promise you that!
December 14, 2017
Family, friends, holiday traditions...memories that will last a lifetime! Special family traditions are a great way to celebrate the holidays, spend time together, and link across generations. Every family has different traditions, unique in their own way. We’re here to discuss some holiday traditions that your family may or may not celebrate. Maybe you’ll pick up some new ideas to start this holiday season!
Family Pictures There is no better way to capture the holidays! Taking family photos are a wonderful way to get the family together and document those special moments. And you can print out the pictures and put them up in your home to enjoy all year long! It’s wonderful to look back and see how each person has changed over the years.
Gingerbread House Contest You can buy fairly inexpensive gingerbread house kits. Pair up your family members and friends and build away! The family gets to spend good, quality time together - laughs and a bit of a mess are almost guaranteed, but it’s all part of the fun!
Cookie Exchange Everyone makes a few dozen cookies and then you get together to share them with your friends! Each person gets a taste of each cookie. It’s a delicious way to spend time with friends. And, don’t fret - you can find super easy-to-follow and easy-to-make recipes online!
Elf on a Shelf This one is a BIG one! Kids just love the idea behind Elf on a Shelf, and parents do, too. Santa’s elf spends the month in your home, watching the children to make sure they behave and that Santa can put them on the ‘Nice List’ so they get lots of awesome presents. After, all the Elf reports right back to Santa!
Holiday Movies Marathon Elf, National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, and Home Alone (1 and 2!) are just a few of the movies to put on your must-see list! Plop down on the couch with pillows, blankets, and popcorn and let your errands and chores wait. It’s all about relaxation and togetherness with this tradition! Tell us: What are your family traditions during the holiday season? Happy Holidays!
December 13, 2017
Hello December. We’re so happy to see you as we are SO ready to welcome the holiday season! The holidays are about a lot of things….family, friends, traditions, memories, presents, and delicious food, just to name a few! We will touch on a handful of these topics in later blog posts this month but today we’re talking desserts. We’re sharing some scrumptious sweets that will be perfect for your family and friends. We’ll even throw in a few options that you can prepare for Santa and his reindeer!
- Decadent is the theme for these holiday desserts! Real Simple shares 25 very different options that you can choose from. Cupcakes and cakes are a perfect dessert option for an intimate dinner or a big party of guests! Check out the easy to follow recipes here.
- What’s better than 25 recipes? Double that! Woman’s Day is ready to make your holiday even merrier with over 55 easy holiday recipes that are fun, very festive, and delicious! Check them out here and pick your favorites to test out this holiday season.
- Other than buying it, what’s the easiest way to make dessert? Follow no-bake recipes! Less time, less effort, but same big flavors. Check out 12 easy, no-bake recipes here - hey, that’s one recipe for each of the 12 days of Christmas!
- Rumor has it that Santa loves cookies! We want to make the most delicious cookies for him this season so he’s sure to leave the best presents under our Christmas Tree. Follow our lead and check out these recipes from delish...they’re guaranteed to make Old Saint Nick extra jolly. Remember to leave Santa a glass of milk, too!
- And last, but certainly not least, a little something for Santa’s reindeer! Rudolph and his friends are flying all over the world in one short night; they must be tired and hungry. We’re happy to report that carrots are like candy to reindeer! So, remember to put out a few carrots next to Santa’s cookies on Christmas Eve.
We hope you are all having a wonderful holiday season. We send good holiday cheer to our entire camping family!
November 28, 2017
Awesome Gift Ideas
Now that Thanksgiving is over, we’re excited to move on to the most wonderful time of the year! We hope you’re in the holiday spirit because we’ll be touching on some fun, festive topics over the next month or so. Today, we’ve compiled some awesome gift guides to help you start your holiday shopping. We’re sharing dozens of must-have gift items for everyone on your list this season! Let us know what you think of these ideas.
- FOR THE CAMPER:
- The “outdoorsy” type on your list will love these gifts from REI. Check out the new tents, chairs, accessories, and more: http://ow.ly/nYsG30gRCGj
- These gift ideas are perfect for your favorite RVers - or get a little something for yourself! These suggestions are too cute to miss: http://ow.ly/BhsO30gRCYl
- FOR THE TECH LOVER:
- This gift guide gives you 50 AWESOME ideas for the techie! From toys to watches to accessories, there’s literally something for everyone on this list! http://ow.ly/TIDl30gRDLa
- FOR THE PET LOVER:
- The true pet lover considers their pet to be a part of their family. They treat their dog or cat like a child, and we think that’s pretty cool! Here are some awesome gift ideas for the pet lover in your life! http://ow.ly/VF0S30gRDWN